Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Cabernet in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Clean Up

I have been off work for the last 5 days and have got a lot done around the house and spring yard work done.

Started out with cleaning up the yard by pulling out some bushes that did nothing but collect leaves under and around the base. I love a well manicured yard with nice flowers and trees. But I’m not much into doing it my self never have been into gardening per say. Maybe that’s why living fulltime in a RV is so appealing to me when the grass get to tall it’s time to move. We may not have a lot of flowers and pretty land scape,BUT one thing I can’t stand is any junk and trash laying around the yard.

Then we moved on to more painting in the house and come to think about it I really don’t much like painting either. I think there is a country song out there that goes like “I’m not good at much but I’m pretty good at drinking beer and I’m to slow for working fast “ or something like that..

Friday was spent running errands and getting Angela a hair cut. We went to visit mom at the nursing home,she was having a good day smiling and laughing. On the way home we stopped at Golden Corral for a early dinner this a place you don’t want to eat at very often if you want to keep your muffin top in shape (waist line)  the buffet is so big you can just graze for hours. On home for the evening to watch some TV and play Yahtzee  and a early lights out.

Saturday we wake up to a temp of 37* cloudy and windy,man what happened to spring? By Saturday after noon the sun was shining and warmed up real nice. My son came over and installed new rear shocks on my Nissan Frontier. I also have the front shock to put on but it looks like I better take it somewhere to have them put on,I would need a spring compressor and take some other things off the front end to get them installed.

Sunday last day of my 5 day vacation woke to sun and 40* not bad.Things on list were to get ceiling fan installed and mow the lawn (again) before it starts raining all week. But first Angela is making pancakes  to help get me started.

Hope everyone has a great week and take care of each other.

ONE DAY CLOSER TO OUR DREAM   

 

12 comments:

Carol K said...

Good job on all your projects.

Dennis and Donna said...

I ate at the Golden Corral...ONCE!.... Never saw so much food in my life! Sounds like your Spring is just the same as ours..non-exhistant!

Rick said...

Great to hear you're keeping busy and enjoying the odd buffet dinner.

Yard work isn't my favourite pastime either, but it has to get done, I guess. We came back to a wild yard and will be spending a few more weeks trying to get it back to normal.

Sue and Doug said...

enjoy the pancakes!!...and the last day of your vacation!

Wayne and Roberta said...

Five days off it will be hard getting back into the routine. Sounds like you got alot of project done though.

Kevin Read said...

Sounds like you had a busy 5 days off. Glad to see you got a lot accomplished. Nice to know your mom was having a good day when you went by to visit with her.

Kevin and I play Yahtzee quite a bit too, we love the game.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

pidge said...

Sounds like you have had a pretty busy week. Got lots done. Good for you. :)

Alan and Marilyn McMillan said...

We both feel the same way about yard work & painting...that's two reasons why we are now fulltimers:)

Merikay said...

If my husband took five days off it would take him four to get going!

Good job on all of your jprojects.

Unknown said...

Busy man indeed! Glad your week has been successful! :) Now it's time to rest. :)

Have a great week!
Sonia

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Oh no last day - do enjoy and enjoy those pancakes... Sounds like you need a vacation from vacation for sure!!


Evielynne

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I certainly do not miss yard work. Reading about others doing yard work is good enough for me. :)